Keep everyone happy with this tasty, easy to make snack.
- 1 table spoon – soft butter
- 220g – self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup – castor sugar
- 3/4 cup – buttermilk
- 1 whole – egg
- 3/4 cup – vegetable oil
- 1 eating – apple
- 1 teaspoon – ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using a piece of kitchen paper and the softened butter grease each hole in the muffin tins.
- Sift flour and sugar and cinnamon in the large mixing bowl.
- Grate the apple on the largest hole of the grater (leave the peel on).
- Mix apple through the flour mixture, using your fingers to ensure it is evenly spread through the flour.
- Combine milk, eggs and oil in the smaller bowl and whisk to mix well.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, pour in liquids and stir to combine with the wooden spoon.
- Do not over-mix or the muffins can be tough. Spoon the mixture into the greased tins, filling each hole just over two-thirds full
- Bake 20-25 minutes until firm and golden-brown.
- Carefully remove the muffin tins from the oven and allow to rest for a minute before turning out and cooling the muffins on the rack.
Recipe by: Stephanie Alexander