This delicious salad is ideal as a buffet dish or to accompany a barbecue.
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- Pinch curry powder
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 8 cooked baby beetroot or 1 cup – diced beetroot
- 1 small carrot (grated)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp parsley (pieces)
- Soak lentils for at least 30 minutes in cold water. Place lentils in a saucepan, cover with three times their volume of water and season with curry powder. Bring to boil and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes until tender. Drain lentils and allow to cool.
- Peel and core apples and cut into pieces. Mix together with apple pieces, diced beetroot, grated carrot, olive oil, lemon juice and lentils and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped parsley just before serving.
Recipe by: Gabriel Gate`