Ideal as a starter or team this Bruschetta up with your favourite soup to make a light meal.
- 1 bread stick
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 bunches cooked asparagus (see recipe), sliced
- 125g mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut 1 bread stick into long diagonal slices.
- Combine olive oil with crushed garlic cloves and brush mixture over the bread slices.
- Top each slice with mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese melts and bruschetta is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven top and top with asparagus. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once.
Recipe by: Vikki Leng