A light, nutritious main meal or ideal as part of a buffet meal.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 lean skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 green or yellow capsicum, cut into thin strips.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yoghurt
- Finely grated zest of 1/2-1 lemon
- Combine 1 tbsp of the olive oil with honey and brush mixture over chicken. Grill until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Steam asparagus until just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Slice chicken thickly and arrange on a serving platter or individual serving plates with asparagus spears and capsicum strips.
- To prepare Lemony Mayonnaise: combine mayonnaise with non-fat plain yoghurt and the finely grated zest of 1/2-1 lemon.
- Top with and scatter with fine strips of lemon zest if desired.
Tip: Combining your favourite mayonnaise with non-fat yoghurt is the best of both worlds – you get the distinctive flavour of mayonnaise, but with much less fat.
Recipe by: Vikki Leng