This superb Asian-influenced dish is great recipe for the whole family.
- 650-700g pork back straps
- 3/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 2 avocados, peeled, deseeded, diced
- 2 400g packets fresh flat rice noodles
- 6cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 bunch shallots, trimmed, pale ends cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 bunch coriander, washed, picked
- Marinate pork in plum sauce for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in wok over high heat. Add the pork and seal on all sides until the plum sauce has caramelised and blackened on the edges. Remove from heat, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly. Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles as per packet directions, place in a large mixing bowl. Add the ginger, soy sauce, green shallots, avocado, coriander and sweet chilli sauce, and toss to combine.
- Top with the sliced pork to serve. NB: Pre marinated glazed pork meat can also be found in the butcher section of the supermarket or at butcher shops, or as an alternative Chinese glazed & cooked pork (sold as BBQ pork) through a Chinese grocer or butcher can be substituted.
Recipe by: Australian Avocados