A great accompaniment at your next BBQ.
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of baby potatoes (keeping the skin on, cut in half)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- Finely chopped fresh chives, extra, to serve
- Baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Place over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Place the potato in a medium bowl.
- Add the avocado, sour cream and chives and gently toss until just combined
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Spoon salsa into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with extra chives.
- Serve immediately with cos lettuce leaves, if desired.
Tip: Kipfler or baby red skinned potatoes will also work with this recipe.
Recipe by: Australian Avocados