Prep time: 15 minutes cooking time: 40 minutes
A great crumble slice perfect for afternoon tea.
- 3 cups toasted oats or your favourite granola mix
- 100g almond meal
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 sesame seeds
- 300g butter, melted
- 2 large pears, peeled & finely sliced
- 2 punnets Victorian strawberries (approx. 24 berries), washed, hulled & sliced
- egg wash
- Combine the oats, almond meal, seeds and butter and mix well. Place 2/3 of the mix into a 30cm x 20cm slice pan. Press down firmly. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes, cool.
- Place slices of 1 pear over bake crumble, then top with strawberry slices, then remaining pear.
- Top with extra crumble then press down firmly (use baking paper so the crumble doesn’t stick to your hands).
- Brush with egg wash, then bake a further 20 minutes. Cool in the pan, then slice and serve.
Recipe by: Victorian Strawberries
Website: www.vicstrawberry.com.au for more recipes.