- Remove outer hard shell of the chestnuts and place in a medium saucepan. Fill with enough water to cover the chestnuts, and boil for 15 minutes. Drain. Finely slice ⅔ of the chestnuts, chop the remaining ⅓ into matchsticks and set aside.
- Place soy sauce, brown sugar, lime zest and juice, garlic, chilli and ginger in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Add pork mince along with the roughly chopped chestnuts and stir. Set aside for 10 minutes to infuse.
- To make the crispy chestnut garnish, fill a small saucepan with approximately 5cm of vegetable oil. Place on high heat. When a piece of bread dropped into the oil sizzles, the oil is ready. Carefully place the chestnut matchsticks into the oil and gently move them around the pan until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
- Prepare noodles according to packet instructions (they need to be cooked until almost soft) and set aside.
- Heat ½ tbs of the oil in a wok over high heat. Strain the pork mince mixture, reserving the marinade in a small bowl for later. Transfer marinated pork to hot wok. Cook pork for about 5 minutes, until golden in colour but not fully cooked. Remove pork from wok, and drain any excess marinade or juices into the bowl of marinade.
- Heat remaining oil in the wok, add spring onions and bok choy and toss for 1 min. Add reserved marinade to wok and bring to the boil for 1 min. Add noodles and return pork mixture to pan. Cook for a further couple of minutes until cooked through. Stir through most of the bean shoots and coriander.
- Place into serving bowls, top with remaining bean shoots and coriander, and sprinkle with crispy chestnuts.
Recipe by: Chestnuts Australia