Serve this curry on its own or on a bed of cooked basmati rice for lasting energy.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 8 skinless chicken pieces with bones
- 6 diced tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- About 20 baby mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- A few coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a wide non-stick pan and stir-fry onion and ginger for 2 minutes. Stir in curry powder then add chicken pieces and brown for 2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and stir well. Reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and mushrooms and stir well. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until both chicken and cauliflower are cooked.
- Just before serving, stir in chopped garlic and grated orange zest.
- Serve on its own or on a bed of cooked basmati rice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Recipe by: Gabriel Gate`