Serve these mini quiches cold for picnics and school lunches or hot as a light meal with salad.
- 80g smooth ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 cups mixed boiled or baked vegetables, cut into pieces, e.g. broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, mix ricotta cheese with Parmesan, eggs, milk and cream.
- Mix in cold vegetables and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into the patty pans and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. They are also lovely cold.
Recipe by: Gabriel Gate`