This light soup makes a good snack or light meal when served with crusty bread or Bruschetta.
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 750g pumpkin, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 – 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 – 2 cups soy milk
- Freshly chopped herbs such as parsley, chives or coriander
- Heat oil in saucepan and stir-fry onion, pumpkin, garlic and curry powder about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable stock, then cover and cook until pumpkin is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend soup until smooth, adding enough soy milk to reach the desired thickness.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped herbs.
Tip: Try serving with a swirl of sour cream or yoghurt for a change.
Recipe by: Vikki Leng