A hearty soup that will provide some lasting energy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 2 cups diced celery
- 300g Green Beans, cut into small pieces
- 2 zucchinis cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shelled peas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A 400g can of beans (cannelloni, haricots), drained
- 2 tbsp finely sliced mint
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large non-stick saucepan and, on medium heat, stir in onion, rosemary and diced celery and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Add Green Beans, zucchini and peas. Add boiling water from the kettle to cover the vegetables by at least 2 cm. Season with salt and pepper and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Blend one-third of the canned beans to a purée. Add the puréed beans and the remaining canned beans to the soup and simmer for a further few minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in mint, parsley and garlic.
Recipe by: Gabriel Gate`