Kids will find it hard to resist these tantalisingly presented vegetables.
- 2 medium ripe avocadoes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- About 1 tbsp finely chopped onion, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 continental cucumber, cut into long sticks and seeds removed
- 1 medium carrot, cut into long, thin sticks
- 2 celery sticks, cut into long, thin sticks
- About 15 Cherry Tomatoes
- About 20 green or black olives
- 1 cup of cauliflower flowerets
- 200g cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 slice of ham, 1 1/2 cm thick, cut into cubes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- About 25 plain rice crackers
- Halve avocadoes and remove stones. Scoop out the flesh into a bowl and add lemon juice, Tabasco, sour cream, chopped onion and a little salt and pepper to taste. Using a fork, mash avocado flesh coarsely, mixing it with the seasonings. Refrigerate if not using immediately.
- Place the bowl of avocado in the centre on a large platter. Garnish platter with cucumber, carrot and celery sticks, Cherry Tomatoes, olives, cauliflower, cheese and ham cubes, hard-boiled eggs and crackers.
Recipe by: Gabriel Gate`