This satisfying soup is ideal as a starter or combined with crusty bread for a light meal.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut pumpkin
- Salt & Pepper
- Parsley, chives, garlic for more flavour
- Milk/cream for richer flavour
- Trim and discard the root and most of the green parts of 2 leeks. Wash leeks and slice finely. Wash again in a colander.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick saucepan and cook leeks on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add a whole butternut pumpkin, cut into cubes (skin and pips removed). Cover with stock or water, season with salt and pepper and simmer until the vegetables are soft. Blend the soup with a hand-whiz, blender or mouli until smooth.
- Add chopped parsley, or chives and garlic to add more flavour. Stir in a little milk or cream for a richer flavour.
Recipe by: Gabriel Gate`