This salad is ideal to include in a buffet meal or to accompany a barbecue.
- 4 new potatoes 250g
- Green Beans, topped and tailed
- 4 slices prosciutto, cut into strips
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Steam potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes, adding 250g topped and tailed Green Beans to steamer after 10 minutes. Remove from heat and arrange in serving bowl.
- Heat frypan over medium-high heat, add prosciutto and shake pan over heat until prosciutto is golden brown and crispy.
- Scatter prosciutto over potatoes and beans.
- To prepare Honey Mustard Vinaigrette: using a fork, combine honey, mustard, finely chopped garlic, vinegar, olive oil and coarsely ground black pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve at once.
Tip: For best flavour and texture, cook green vegetables like beans, asparagus and broccoli only until bright green and just tender. Cook in steamer or steamer insert, or cover and cook on high in a microwave oven.
Recipe by: Vikki Leng