This delicious soup makes a light meal when served with crusty bread or Bruschetta.
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 750g orange sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Freshly chopped herbs such as coriander or parsley
- Heat oil in saucepan and stir-fry onion, sweet potatoes and carrot about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, cover and cook until sweet potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend soup with the coconut milk and sweet chilli sauce until smooth.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped herbs.
Tip: Try serving with a swirl or sour cream or yoghurt for a change.
Recipe by: Vikki Leng