A tasty soup that is easy to make and great for winter.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 250g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 250g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 reduced salt vegetable stock cubes, dissolved in
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups Australian skim milk
- 250g Australian reduced fat natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- Cook onion, garlic and ginger in a non-stick saucepan with water until tender. Add sweet potato, pumpkin and stock, simmer, uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Puree mixture until smooth and return to a saucepan. Stir in milk and reheat gently without boiling.
- Combine yogurt and coriander. Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with a swirl of coriander flavoured yogurt.
Recipe by: Dairy Australia Test Kitchen