These easily prepared burgers are great with tomato sauce or a vegetable dip, such as guacamole or hummus.
- About 3 cups pumpkin flesh, diced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1/4 cup walnut flesh, chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- About 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place diced pumpkin in a roasting tray and toss with olive oil. Bake until pumpkin is soft. (Alternatively, steam or microwave the pumpkin).
- Reduce oven to 200°C.
- Mash pumpkin well and mix with flour and curry powder and season with salt and pepper. Mix in peas, chopped walnuts and chopped coriander leaves. Shape into 8 small burgers. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, pressing the seeds in a little.
- Place burgers on a piece of baking paper in an oven tray and bake at 200°C. for about 15 minutes.
- Serve burgers with tomato sauce or a vegetable dip, such as guacamole or hummus.
Recipe by: Gabriel Gate`