This Asian style broth is full of fresh crisp vegetables and is easy to make.
- 1/2 stem lemongrass
- 10g fresh ginger
- 120g vermicelli noodles
- 1 sprig spring onions
- 50g baby corn
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp shao hsing wine
- 5g palm sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh chilli
- 1 tbsp dried onion
- 1 litre stock
- 1 bunch bok choy or pak choi
- Finely slice the inner part of the lemongrass.
- Peel and finely chop ginger and garlic and finely chop spring onions.
- Soak noodles in cold water until they soften and drain.
- Wash and trim bok choy, peel and julienne carrot & pick and wash coriander.
- Pour oil into heavy based saucepan, heat and add ginger, garlic, and lemongrass stir fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in stock and simmer for 10 minutes, add carrot and bok choy and baby corn, bring back to boil.
- Season with soy sauce, salt, pepper, shao hsing wine and sugar, place noodles evenly in soup bowls and pour hot soup over.
- Finally garnish with fresh picked coriander leaves and serve.
Recipe by: Peter Wright