Melbourne Market – where everything’s fresh!
The Melbourne Market is the home of all your fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers. This wholesale market is the central meeting point for farmers, growers and provedores to meet and sell the freshest of produce to your local retailers. The Melbourne Market is the largest wholesale fruit, veg and flower market in the state, recently relocated to Epping in Melbourne’s North (2015) it comes alive in the early hours of the morning to bring fresh food to your table.
MarketFresh is a brand developed by the Melbourne Market Authority (MMA) in 2005 to educate, inform and highlight the benefits of fresh produce to the public. Our website is designed to:
- Give you all the information you need to enjoy our fresh produce; from food handling and preparation tips, to how to tell when its fresh
- Provide a comprehensive guide to fruits, vegetables and flowers including detailed descriptions, high-resolution photos, handling tips and more.
- Promotion of healthy eating and wellbeing for all age groups as well as catering for people with special dietary needs.
- Assist in finding your local Greengrocer, Independent Supermarkets or Florist
- Provide a low cost opportunity to extend recipes and promote product sales
- Share over 200 recipes specially designed by leading Australian Chefs and Food Writers suited to the modern home cook navigated by a user-friendly search engine.
- Provide educational materials and project reference for secondary and primary schools.
- Portal of information for the Growers, Florists and retailers
- Provide seasonal information and product guides to support export.
Our aim is for everyone to enjoy fresh produce every day.